Bowie Elementary: Veteran’s Day, 2014
Presented By: Frank Aprile, HM2, USN
Length of Service: 4.7 years / Honorable Discharge
Navy Medical Regional Center, San Diego CA
Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base, Ocean Side California
U.S. Naval Hospital Emergency Room, Subic Bay, Republic of the Phillipines
Operating Room Techincal School, Navy Regional Medical Center: Bethesda, MD
Naval Hospital, Charleston, SC
What Hospital Corpsmen Do…
Stabilize and Prep for Evacuation
Stop The Bleeding …
Heal the Sick …
What is Veterans Day?
While those who died are also remembered on Veterans Day, Veterans Day is intended to:
– Thank and honor all those who served honorably in the military – in wartime or peacetime.
– Veterans Day is intended to thank living Veterans for their service,
– To acknowledge that their contributions to our national security are appreciated,
– To underscore the fact that all those who served – not only those who died – have sacrificed and done their duty.
The one thing not mentioned above is that Veterans Day is for all of you.
All the men, women, children, and elderly, frail that remain at home.
Our Fight- Is YOUR Fight-
When we bleed- YOU bleed with us-
When we are lost- YOU wait for us…
And if we Fall- YOU help to pick us up.
Who are Our Veterans ?
Notice the most important part of this picture- they are all wearing wedding rings…
Some Quotes about Fighting for Freedom
From President John F Kennedy
“And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.”
From Father Dennis Edward O’Brien, USMC
– It is the soldier, not the reporter, Who has given us freedom of the press.
– It is the soldier, not the poet, Who has given us freedom of speech.
– It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who allows the protester to burn the flag.
Who They Are …
When They are Away…
God Bless America !
Saying Goodbye Right After Getting Married
Saying Goodbye to a fallen Friend & Warrior
Waiting For Dad or Mom To Come Home ?
NOT! Actually- They are really just watching this guy 🙂
NEVER Forgetting Those That Have Fallen